Position: Senior Support Technician
Location: We are looking for a support technician who can work remotely from their own office. The successful applicant will be required to use their own office space, computer and internet connection.
At WP NET we operate a highly organised, distributed workforce. We use online systems for team communication and collaboration. Therefore we are looking for people who are highly organised and can work independently.
This position would ideally suit someone who is already working as a freelance WordPress developer, who would like to augment their existing workload with some additional work.
You must be a New Zealand resident, legally in New Zealand and permitted to work here.
- Respond to, action and manage WordPress and hosting service related support queries from our customers
- Respond to pre-sales enquires from potential customers
- On-board new customers:
- Provision hosting accounts
- Migrate WordPress sites
- Review, optimise and secure WordPress sites
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with WordPress, Apache web server and PHP
- Write and update content on our customer KnowledgeBase
- Write and update content on our internal Wiki
Seriously, please do not apply unless you meet all these criteria.
- Minimum 3+ years working with WordPress
- High level of experience and proficiency with the WordPress Admin
- Experience installing, migrating and configuring WordPress sites
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the WordPress API’s, functions, action and filter hooks
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the WordPress theme system and template hierarchy
- Good level of knowledge of WordPress security fundamentals
- Good level of knowledge of WordPress performance optimisation
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency with PHP, HTML, CSS
- Excellent verbal and written English
You must be:
- Good at trouble-shooting
- Able to work independently
- Friendly & helpful
Preferred, but not essential
- Experience with Linux administration – preferably CentOS and / or Ubuntu
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Apache web server
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting MySQL server
- BASH and / or Python programming